Fact: According to the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), medical negligence is the third leading cause of death in the U.S.—right behind heart disease and cancer.
In 2012, over $3 billion was spent in medical malpractice payouts, averaging one payout every 43 minutes.
We are fortunate to have a great hospitals in Florence and the greater Cleveland area including:
Florence Medical Center
The rules about medical malpractice -- from when you must bring your lawsuit to whether you must notify the doctor ahead of time.
These general requirements:
- A doctor-patient relationship existed.
- additional medical bills, and
- The doctor was negligent.
- The doctor's negligence caused the injury.
- The injury led to specific damages.
- physical painmental anguish
- lost work and lost earning capacity.