4 things to do immediately following a motor vehicle accident:
- Call the police and make a police report.
- Take photographs for documentation of the damage.
- Get the other party’s insurance information and license plate information.
- Immediately seek medical attention if you feel you were injured.
4 things not to do following a motor vehicle accident:
- Do not give a statement to the at fault party’s insurance company, they are not entitled to one.
- Do not discuss your injuries with the at fault party’s insurance company, tell them a representative will be in contact with them.
- Do not sign authorizations from the at fault party for any medical records.
- Do not provide any documentation regarding your injuries and/or medical records to the at fault party’s insurance company.